Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Riding tips

Riding tips

If one has never ridden but has a fierce determination to learn, what tips might you give them? Is it best to pay for lessons or is the skill easily self-taught as long as you resign yourself to a few cuts and bruises? Or seek professional services?

I found someone who wasn't an "actual" professional, but they had 10 years of riding and cruising experience. I am still new to this, but I learn more every day. I am glad I looked for someone who knows what they are doing. When I first started to ride a 250, it would buck and jump gears. I thought it was me, but when they got on it, the same thing happened and they were almost thrown from it! If it would have been me, I would have probably been pinned under it if I would have tried to go into the gear they did.

If you must teach yourself, get a small cc engine. That way it won't throw you around and even if you accidentally give it to much gas, it wont send you flying. Just work your way up from there. My dad started me on a tiny 110

Oh, also, my dad would make us drive around in 1st gear for like a week. He told us to try and drive it a slowly as possible, while still keeping balance. It helped us manage our turns and when we were allowed to go faster it was actually easier to control.

When I first learned how to drive, my brother is my teacher. He gave me tips and infos regarding and how to do this and that and mostly I taught myself everything. Even if you have a great instructor doesnt always mean you can be a good driver. The determination, awareness and consciousness and the level of learning curve depends on how you will learn how to drive.

i've learned riding thru you tube video and found that some of the tips given are very useful for a new rider like me.

That way it won't throw you around and even if you accidentally give it to much gas,