Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Has anyone tried the new Craftsman Max Axess socket set from Sears?

I saw the commercial online and thought it was a really good idea for a socket. What do you think? I wan't to buy this for my fiance for Christmas.

Here is the commercial for them.

Craftsman 19pc universal Max Axess go-through socket set - YouTube

No but they sell it pretty convincingly . The price for it does fall within my Christmas budget so it has become an option for me.

Isn't it though? My fiance and I are always working on our cars and our friends bikes and these would definitely come in handy because we somehow always misplace the deep sockets! If we get a set, I will have to let you know how well they work for us.

It does look 'pretty' in its plastic holder, but a proper open/close case keeps things cleaner and lessens the risk of loosing a socket. The one thing that did stand out is there are imperial and metric sockets, so if you are buying tools for use on a Japanese bike half the sockets would never be used. If this company did a smaller set of metric only sockets that would a much better bet.

Ah, I didn't even think about that. We use SAE most of the time though for his Camaro, but you are right.

I didn’t try it myself, but the fact that it is manufactured by Apex tool group then I have trust in this product. I tried and tested some tools from this company and I strongly recommend it, it does the job very well.

I also didnít check it out me personally, yet the truth that it can be manufactured by means of Top device team i get rely upon this product. I thoroughly tested some resources out of this business in addition to I strongly recommend the idea, it will the position well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Owers View Post
    It does look 'pretty' in its plastic holder, but a proper open/close case keeps things cleaner and lessens the risk of loosing a socket. The one thing that did stand out is there are imperial and metric sockets, so if you are buying tools for use on a Japanese bike half the sockets would never be used. If this company did a smaller set of metric only sockets that would a much better bet.
    Nice information Tim. So basically I wont have a need for this. Their commercial is really good and it was already starting to convince me to get one.

The price for it does fall within my Christmas budget so it has become an option for me.