Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Best Tire Mod?

Best Tire Mod?

Hi, current tires for my Kawasaki Vulcan 800 2005 are a bit slippery. Any suggestions for a better replacement with a budget of about $200?

Maybe you could try the Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires. You would probably be spending about $260 though for the set. You could check around to verified sellers online and see if you could get them cheaper. I have used motorcycle-superstore in the past with good results. They normally have decent prices and they do carry the tires. But don't take it from me, definitely shop around. Dunlop tires are known for being sticky so I would highly recommend those.

Dunlop Sportmax Q2 Front Tire - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

When you choose a tire, make sure you let the shop know your style of riding, if you are mainly commuting then a hard center with sticky side walls is your best option cause you will get good distance from it and still have something that gives you the grip you need on the weekends through the hills. My last bike I had a Dunlop with the 2 compounds as I mainly ride to work. This was an awesome tire. I have only just traded for the Z800 so running on standard tires which I have to say felt good through the turns on the weekend but I have only done 220km's on them so far.

you need on the weekends through the hills.