Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think the Z800's weight will affect it's overall performance?

The new Z800 will weigh around 504lbs. That is pretty heavy for a bike, but do you think the new engine will be able to handle this and still out perform other bikes of similar specifications?

I'm hoping the changes to the current 750 engine (that the 800 is based on) will be up to the job. When I moved from a z750s to the current z750 (M9) I was pleased with the handling improvements but disappointed with acceleration, which did feel slower than the old 's'. A test ride is really the only way to know as I'm not bothered with stats, it's how the bike feels to me that's important.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	168

It doesn't look that heavy to me.
    I mean no more than any other bike.

Technically speaking, all bikes are affected by their weight. The heavier the slower it gets. Z800 is not an exception to his physics rule, however it is not too heavy for its power, in fact just the right weight. So when you ride it you don’t feel that the bike is heavy at all because of its power.

Now i am intending your changes to the current 750 serp (that your 800 is based on) will be up to the project. As i shifted coming from a z750s to the current z750 (M9) When i ended up being happy with your handling enhancements although dissatisfied having velocity, that do experience sluggish as opposed to previous 's'. Any analyze experience can be really the only solution to learn because Now i am not irritated having gambling, it's the fact that motorcycle senses in my experience that is significant.

Either way, I think we're gonna love it! I personally don't think it will be a big factor, but I am no expert!

I am not an expert too, but the heavier the bike, its more hard to handle it. Shocks everything, wheels, the rims, it all depends and how comfortable you are riding it. But when you get to use the hang of it, even if a bike is heavy it wouldnt already be for you.
    Every person has its own perception for each different bike.

0 - 100 Kms in 3.0 sec or less. I don't think it has. I know I can keep up with any bike of the same HP. Its not that much heavier than other bikes. Most peoples own weight would vary more.

Hi all
    I've just spent a week in the French Alps with my Z800 only 3 weeks old.
    And the weight was one of the most concerned things for me as it weighs the same as an BMW RT1200.
    I have found the steering makes it so easy to turn that the weight is not a problem at all, the only time you notice it is when you fill up on fuel and need to move the bike or move it into the garage.
    Other than than it's the best bike I have ever owned.
    Hope this helps.

Hi all
    I have my Z800 now for 2 months and ride it as often as I possibly can (clocked just over 1800 km). Personally I don't feel the weight of the bike as it is so nicely balanced. Most of my riding is done on twisty roads and am heavy with the throttle. The way I see it, does it really matter if you lean in the corner at 110 km/h or 100 km/h. Even with a full tank and my considerable bulk plonked on top of it, the thing just flies and sticks to the road at any angle. Keep on riding and enjoy. I love it.
    Last edited by RonOne; 06-24-2013 at 06:44 AM.